Sunday, September 5, 2010

More thoughts on the Christchurch 7.1 earthquake...

There's just one word to describe earthquakes: fear. The main quake catches you by surprise, but aftershocks are all about expectation. How bad will it be? Will I be killed or seriously injured this time? The on-going intense fear can paralyze you, as you wait for aftershocks.

Earthquakes and their aftermath are a huge opportunity to step out of fear, into trust and faith. Remember you are a soul - you are indestructible. Your soul energy has always been, and will always be. And your deepest fears rarely eventuate.

When you experience fear, focus intently on the now. Here and now, I am okay. The future is next minute, next week, but I am safe now. Two days ago my daughter was ill with swine flu, and I experienced fear for her health. I know fear. We're all in this together.

No comments: